DevOps Engineer (12 Month Maternity Cover)
Our client has the requirement for a DevOps Engineer on a fixed term (maternity cover) contract to join a busy DevOps team maintaining and improving all aspects of the development and production web environments including on premise, private cloud and cloud infrastructures.
Roles and responsibilities:
• Support the production and development environments and provide incident troubleshooting, problem solving and resolution.
• Provide infrastructure expertise to other teams
• Plan and implement proactive project work
• Carry out infrastructure maintenance tasks such as backups and DR drill procedures
• Environment capacity planning
• Embrace the DevOps methodology
• Conduct research on emerging technologies
• Look to improve efficiency through automation
• Assist with managing web application deployments
• Degree in computer science, or in a numerate or scientific discipline, or have equivalent experience.
• Commercial experience with managing and maintaining Windows Server environments.
• Good technical understanding of Windows Server 2003->2012
• Experienced in running a web infrastructure (IIS / Apache / nginx)
• Linux OS server experience
• Experienced in one or more of the following languages: PowerShell / Bash / Perl / Java / Ruby / .NET / ColdFusion
• Experience with virtualisation (VMware / OpenStack / KVM)
• Experience with configuration management tools such as Puppet / Chef
• Demonstrate a clear understanding of networks and their underlying protocols.
• Experience with AWS EC2 / RDS
• Experienced in working with development pipelines and deployment tools (Team City / Jenkins)
• Ability to apply good troubleshooting approach under pressure.
• Ability to clearly communicate complicated technical problems.
Interested??? Please contact me on 01223 237888 or email email@example.com
With offices in Peterborough, Cambridge, and Northampton – The ONE Group’s recruitment specialists offer unparalleled recruitment expertise across seven specialist divisions; Accountancy & Finance, Executive Search, HR, IT, Marketing, Office Support and Technical.
Whether you are looking to advertise a job, or take the next step in your career, we offer an ever-growing employment network, which currently exceeds 50,000 people in the East of England and The Midlands.
We pride ourselves in adding value to any recruitment experience, with the foundation of our success coming from customer service, expert knowledge of the local marketplace and our understanding of the significant value people can add to the workplace.
This isn’t just recruitment, it’s: Recruitment as it should be.
For more information, call us or visit our website at www.theonegroup.co.uk