Peterborough: Cambridgeshire: Based at the head office of a well respected brand, the position of Accountant - reporting and controls, exists to cover an upcoming 12 month+ contract.
Due to the size and ongoing development within the business, there is a likely chance of longer term opportunities.
Reporting directly into the Head of Finance, you will have responsibility for managing and driving improvements to the control, risk and reporting environment, along with
analytical reviews to drive and challenge business decisions.
Key duties include:
- Accurate and timely period/forecast/budget reporting
- Deliver accurate and timely Board packs , ensuring the content evolves in line with the requirements of the end user.
- Foreign currency exposure reporting on a period basis.
- Manage Capital reporting through the S&OP process.
- Assist overhead cost reporting, challenging spend and driving the correct behaviours across the business.
- Management and submission of annual controls reporting, liaising with a number of functions to drive a rigorous control environment.
- Lead the period balance sheet reconciliation process.
- Key contact for internal and external audit.
- Drive the correct P2P (Purchase to Pay) behaviours in the business, realising internal KPI targets.
- Assist in managing the business system profiles and system change requests, ensuring the relevant controls are in place.
- Continuous improvement of reporting processes focussing on timeliness, accuracy and quality of outputs.
- Ad-hoc requirements to support the Financial Controller and relevant stakeholder groups.
ACCA/ACA/CIMA qualified preferred but ambitious part qualified's will also be considered
The successful applicant will be treated like a permanent employee with the freedom to develop processes and take on additional responsibility.
Some flexible working exists