C# Software Developer
Our client a global provider of laboratory and pharmaceutical equipment, Providing automated systems worldwide in the life sciences industry. They now have the requirement for several software developers to join their engineering team.
The software engineers will report directly to the Software manager and be responsible for the design, development, testing, documentation and maintenance of high quality software for new systems and enhancements to existing systems.
To participate in the continuous improvement of the Software Group platforms, processes, tools and techniques.
This role will involve both individual working as well as team working. In addition, dependant on experience, this role can include leading small teams and the general technical management of others.
• Realise system requirements into designs and software code.
• Ensure that the design and software code meet the functional and technical specifications and passes the acceptance test plans, within specified time, cost and quality requirements.
• Design, develop and undertake appropriate test plans.
• Develop and complete the required documentation.
• Participate in design and code reviews.
• Report progress against the plan.
• Participate in team and project meetings.
• Discuss requirements with stakeholders.
• Participate in the configuration, commissioning, roll-out, acceptance testing and support of new and existing systems, including enhancements and applications support.
To participate fully in continuous improvement activities, and to pro-actively identify opportunities for improvement in the processes used. Taking responsibility, where designated, for designing and implementing the changes necessary.
• Minimum BSc (Hons) 2:1, preferably Computer Science or Software Engineering.
• Industrial experience in software development within a quality-conscious environment.
• Fluent in C#.NET framework through professional use with Visual Studio development environment.
• Using version control, change control and code quality control processes.
• WPF and User Interface Design
• Using automated software build, release and test environments (e.g. TFS)
• Working in Agile teams using applied frameworks (e.g. SCRUM, DSDM, Lean, FDD, TDD).
• Working in environments where regular builds, unit tests and integration testing are the norm and able to contribute to these activities.
• Development of software systems including control over external automated components and peripheral equipment.
• Relational and/or NoSQL database modelling and development experience
• Development experience of application software for controlling peripherals and robotics
• Task estimating and scheduling
Interested??? Please contact me on 01223 237888 or email email@example.com
With offices in Peterborough, Cambridge, and Northampton – The ONE Group’s recruitment specialists offer unparalleled recruitment expertise across seven specialist divisions; Accountancy & Finance, Executive Search, HR, IT, Marketing, Office Support and Technical.
Whether you are looking to advertise a job, or take the next step in your career, we offer an ever-growing employment network, which currently exceeds 50,000 people in the East of England and The Midlands.
We pride ourselves in adding value to any recruitment experience, with the foundation of our success coming from customer service, expert knowledge of the local marketplace and our understanding of the significant value people can add to the workplace.
This isn’t just recruitment, it’s: Recruitment as it should be.