Our automotive industry leading client is currently seeking an IT Tech Labs Support Engineer to join their team.
Reporting to the IT Manager you will be performing 1st-3rd line support in particular to all the Test Labs networks and associated systems. Ideally you will have a background of IT Support in an engineering, test lab or R&D enviroment is essential.
• Monitoring and maintaining the networks and systems
• Installing and configuring computer hardware operating systems and applications
• Talking staff or clients through a series of actions, either face-to-face or over the telephone, to help set up systems or resolve issues
• Troubleshooting system and network problems and diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults
• Providing support including procedural documentation and relevant reports
• Following diagrams and written instructions to repair a fault or set up a system
• Supporting the roll-out of new applications
• Setting up new users' accounts and profiles and dealing with password issues
• Responding within agreed time limits to call-outs
• Basic Network qualifications from Extreme, Cisco or other leading vendor or an equivalent level of hands-on experience.
• Windows Server based qualifications from Microsoft or an equivalent level of hands-on experience
• Good understand network concepts including switching and routing and must be confident in managing a reasonably complex network with several hundred active devices.
• Good understanding of Windows Server operating systems, in particular 2008R2 and Server 2012R2.
• Proven support experience of windows desktop operating systems, in particular Windows 7 and Windows 10.
• Working knowledge of VMWare
• Support knowledge of SANs. Experience with Nimble storage would be desirable but not essential.
• Data security awareness (ISO27001)
• Configuration of Firewalls and switches (Experience of Dell SonicWALL hardware and Extreme switches would be desirable but not essential).
• Microsoft Exchange 2016. (desirable but not essential)
• Powershell scripting (desirable but not essential)
• MSSQL server Administration (desirable but not essential)
• Sophos Endpoint Protection(desirable but not essential)
• Experience of Vehicle testing software such as that produced by AVL and Horiba would be desirable but not essential.
• Ability to prioritise work and complete tasks to tight deadlines.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
With offices in Peterborough, Cambridge, and Northampton – The ONE Group’s recruitment specialists offer unparalleled recruitment expertise across seven specialist divisions; Accountancy & Finance, Executive Search, HR, IT, Marketing, Office Support and Technical.
Whether you are looking to advertise a job, or take the next step in your career, we offer an ever-growing employment network, which currently exceeds 50,000 people in the East of England and The Midlands.
We pride ourselves in adding value to any recruitment experience, with the foundation of our success coming from customer service, expert knowledge of the local marketplace and our understanding of the significant value people can add to the workplace.
This isn’t just recruitment, it’s: Recruitment as it should be.
For more information, call us or visit our website at www.theonegroup.co.uk