Our client is a Ed-Tech start-up backed by one of the UK’s leading digital venture builders who are building a mobile application designed for a global audience and are looking for a Head of Engineering to help define, design and build the application. Reporting into the CEO, this role will lead on all technical aspects, including the tech strategy, app and platform build.
Other responsibilities include:
• Development of all technical aspects of the company’s strategy to ensure alignment with its business goals
• Overseeing system infrastructure and changes in system architectures to ensure functionality and efficiency
• Managing and optimising infrastructure assets
• Keep abreast of new trends and best practices in technology landscape
• Take the initiative in thought leadership, innovation and creativity
• Experience working on Android or iOS mobile platforms, including design of new mobile software solutions or extending an existing suite of mobile application
• Broad technology experience across a variety of disciplines, including software engineering and managing engineering teams
• Experience of implementing agile development methods across a number of teams including Scrum, Kanban, XP, TDD, automated builds and continuous integration & deployment
• Hands on technical skills to deliver working prototypes for new business ideas, as well as full featured products.
• A Computer Science bachelor's degree, relevant technical degree or equivalent experience
Demonstrable experience in:
• Taking technical prototypes and turning them in to real products that are ready to be used by customers.
• Define, and rapidly iterate, technical architectures for growing small businesses.
• Know when to build and when to buy technology solutions to get new products and features to market quickly.
• Design, monitor and drive the architecture of mobile applications
• Significant experience in the field of mobile and/or software engineering.
• Engage and contract with suppliers and service businesses.
Ideally you will have had experience of start-ups or venture backed businesses and be able to demonstrate that you have done this before and have the ability to identify the right technologies and deliver with them. The ideal candidate will have been through cycles of hiring, developing and leading a successful cross functional engineering team being knowledgeable of both software and infrastructure, you will also have hands on experience with complex project management. Excellent stakeholder management experience and ability to prioritise effectively.
With offices in Cambridge, Northampton and Peterborough – The ONE Group’s recruitment specialists offer unparalleled recruitment expertise across seven specialist divisions; Accountancy & Finance, Executive Search, HR, IT, Marketing, Office Support and Technical.
Whether you are looking to advertise a job, or take the next step in your career, we offer an ever-growing employment network, which currently exceeds 50,000 people in the East of England and The Midlands.
We pride ourselves in adding value to any recruitment experience, with the foundation of our success coming from customer service, expert knowledge of the local marketplace and our understanding of the significant value people can add to the workplace.
This isn’t just recruitment, it’s: Recruitment as it should be.
For more information, call us or visit our website at www.theonegroup.co.uk