Software Team Lead / Manager (C#)
Our client whom are a MI Technology company based in Cambridge have the requirement for a Software Manager / Lead. You’ll be the technical leader of a small team, working with a product owner to develop and drive the flagship software product, used by world leading companies. They are passionate about creating software to the best of their ability and work hard to understand our users’ needs, working with autonomy but collaboratively on all aspects from initial UI design through to testing.
What their developers do:
Mostly develop in C# on Visual Studio or Rider, anprovide all developers with an MSDN subscription and a ReSharper license. We have a no-blame peer review culture, via GitHub pull requests, with the aim of encouraging excellence, improvement and learning.
Working closely with product owners to define features and priorities, allowing us to get involved in understanding our customer needs and balancing them against development costs. Using Agile processes and have daily stand-ups and regular retrospectives to keep us honest and transparent. We take continuous improvement seriously: everyone’s opinion is valid and listened to. The use of JIRA to host a Kanban board, and show key metrics and our TeamCity build status on a team radiator.
What you will work on:
• The software team lead / manager will be responsible for a small group of 4-6 people, including developers of various levels of experience and one or two testers. They will lead, guide and mentor their team, managing their work, offering technical guidance during day-to-day activities and supporting their career development.
Some of the things you might be helping to lead on include:
• Developing innovative new ways for customers to interact with their materials data
• Building robust back-end solutions to enable customers to manage their materials databases
• Optimising the application to satisfy the rapid growth of information stored in material intelligence
• Evolving the product suite to keep pace with the changing needs of our clients
• Experience of the technical team lead role; leading, managing and directing other team members.
• Extensive current, hands-on development experience with C# and the .NET framework
• Good knowledge of .NET libraries and frameworks, including idiomatic usage
• The ability to make effective use of debugging, diagnostic and profiling tools to build efficient software
• The analytical skills to effectively resolve technical problems with simple solutions and be able to build consensus around those solutions
• Effective written and verbal communication, presentation skills and an attention to detail
• Proficiency in refactoring, including techniques to develop and extend legacy code
• Customer focus and a good awareness of software usability issues
• Good knowledge of at least two secondary languages (e.g. css, html, t-sql, TypeScript etc.) and platforms
• Significant expertise in the optimized, performance and scalable use of SQL Server in an application environment
• A good salary package, with rewards linked to your achievements
• Flexible working hours
• High levels of autonomy
• The career development opportunities that flow from joining a rapidly growing, exciting organization
• A modern, spacious working environment and a casual, relaxed atmosphere
• A 12.5% non-contributory pension scheme
• Share Options
• Healthcare or gym membership
• Death in service cover
Interested??? Please contact me on 01223 237888 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
With offices in Peterborough, Cambridge, and Northampton – The ONE Group’s recruitment specialists offer unparalleled recruitment expertise across seven specialist divisions; Accountancy & Finance, Executive Search, HR, IT, Marketing, Office Support and Technical.
Whether you are looking to advertise a job, or take the next step in your career, we offer an ever-growing employment network, which currently exceeds 50,000 people in the East of England and The Midlands.
We pride ourselves in adding value to any recruitment experience, with the foundation of our success coming from customer service, expert knowledge of the local marketplace and our understanding of the significant value people can add to the workplace.
This isn’t just recruitment, it’s: Recruitment as it should be.