Our client, a leading independant accounting practice have an immediate need for an ambitious Audit Senior looking for clear management progression.
The ideal candidate will be looking to progress, grow with the firm and develop personal skills and assist with team development.
As the successful candidate you will be responsible for the conduct of the audit and accountancy fieldwork in respect of specified clients and helping managers to control the provision of all professional services in connection with those clients.
Other responsibilities will include:-
* Liaising with the client’s accounting staff and ensuring that the fieldwork progresses in accordance with time/cost budgets. Ensuring managers are kept fully informed of the progress of the fieldwork.
* To assist in the development of training programmes for audit and accounting trainees by way of regular meetings with managers and the staff partner. Such training programmes to be designed to meet the needs of the individuals concerned and of the firm
* To assist in the development of audit staff through supervision on assignments where such an arrangement can work practically without impacting on service levels to those clients.
* To gain exposure to the review process through occasional review of BSD assignments and detailed review of audit work where undertaking a supervisory role.
* Planning and control of audit and accountancy work to be carried out by the firm.
* Fieldwork and Completion, supervise and carry out in accordance with the firms manuals and procedures.
* Prepare Tax computations and returns. Submit computations/returns to manager for review. Liaise with the managers regarding HMRC enquiries and ensure all relevant information is passed to the personal tax department.
* Communication, bring to the attention of the client the whole range of services offered by the Firm, keep managers advised of important matters or developments relating to client affairs on a timely basis.
* Office Management, to ensure correct movement of information between accounts and tax departments and assist tax department in any accounts related queries.
* To assist in the training of audit and tax department personnel as necessary.
A full UK driving license is required. Strong communication skills are essential as well as a willingness to work in a team.
Please contact Kathleen Bailey for more information on 01733 234000 or firstname.lastname@example.org
With offices in Peterborough, Cambridge, and Northampton – The ONE Group’s recruitment specialists offer unparalleled recruitment expertise across seven specialist divisions; Accountancy & Finance, Executive Search, HR, IT, Marketing, Office Support and Technical.
Whether you are looking to advertise a job, or take the next step in your career, we offer an ever-growing employment network, which currently exceeds 50,000 people in the East of England and The Midlands.
We pride ourselves in adding value to any recruitment experience, with the foundation of our success coming from customer service, expert knowledge of the local marketplace and our understanding of the significant value people can add to the workplace.
For more information, call us or visit our website at www.theonegroup.co.uk