Transport Planner – Perm – Manufacturing
Do you have experience within a manufacturing/industrial environment? Are you from a supply chain background? Do you have experience using an automated planning process or ERP system?
The role of a Transport Planner is a critical role for the business within the supply chain department. This role is accountable for the despatch and transportation of production stock. Using your knowledge of working within manufacturing in the logistics or transport team you will be looking over the quotation work, customs preparation and documentation, despatch planning and forecasting.
The day to day duties for the position of Transport Planner to include:
• Inspect and process despatch requests
• Coordinate the despatch process from end of production to physical despatch
• Support the supply chain team with various admin tasks
• Plan despatches to meet stakeholders requirements
• Maintain good communication skills with the other departments
• Run reports to ensure KPI’s are being met
• Maintain competitive rates with suppliers to meet the transport budget
My client is a leading high class manufacturing company delivering components on a global scale. They have an exciting opportunity for a Transport Planner to join their growing team.
For the position Transport Planner we are looking for:-
• Must have experience of working within a manufacturing/industrial environment
• Supply chain background
• Strong planning and time management skills
• Experience of using an automated planning process or ERP system
• The ability to demonstrate cross functional team work
• Able to work to strict deadlines and under pressure
• Excellent communication skills
*Please do not apply for this role if you do not meet the above criteria, as only candidates who meet the above criteria will be contacted further.
If you think you would be qualified for the role above and would like to find out more about the role and the organisation, please click to apply now.