Our client, develops high end complex technology within the life science industry which makes a difference to people’s everyday life. They invest heavily in research, development and production.
Project range can vary in size for small to large along with very complex new product development projects.
As a Project Manager you will be responsible to lead new product development projects through the full life cycle; establishment, planning, implementation, control and completion; meeting budget, schedule and quality. We are looking for strong leaders.
Key Job Accountabilities
To professionally execute projects meeting budget, schedule and quality targets:
• To carefully define the project including scope and project strategy.
• To form the project team necessary to execute the project, providing leadership and motivation.
• To work closely with Product Management function to ensure product developments deliver successfully to market needs.
• To be the main point of contact for the project customers and suppliers, internal and external.
• To produce and maintain accurate project plans – schedule / resource / budget / contingencies, and regularly reporting project status.
• To determine and manage the resource allocation for the project.
• To monitor project progress and take action as required.
• To ensure that all project deliverables are fit for purpose, using QMS.
• To manage project risks.
• To manage project meetings.
• To manage project health and safety.
• To travel to other company sites and to clients (world-wide) as required to execute the project.
• To be an excellent communicator, championing the project internally and externally.
• To manage handover of the project deliverables to production.
To liaise with other project group members to evolve project management “best practice” within company, and to input to QMS procedures to improve business performance.
Candidates should be degree qualified in an engineering discipline along with having a proven track record of succeeding in delivery projects in a timely manner and within the cost set.
Project Managers need to have managed projects valuing in excess of £1M+.
Ideally have a Project Manager qualification, PMP, AMP.