Product Development Lead
Just outside of Cambridge
We are delighted to be working with a technology focused R&D company who have exceeded their targets which has had a direct impact on the business whereby they have aggressive growth plans for the next 18 months. You will have the pleasure of working with some of the state of art complex machinery along with being a part of a journey where a company takes great pride in quality and making a difference to people’s everyday life.
As a product Development Lead you will be responsible for managing and Leading NPD projects and driving the concept into a Prototype. As a Product Development Lead you will be responsible for the following;
• Drive rapid product delivery from early stage proof of concepts
• Control high value, high visibility projects to deliver on time and in budget
• Work very closely with Business Development to deliver targeted product requirements
• Manage product development teams to achieve speedy development successes
• Deliver high quality products to prototype level suitable for customer and partner trials
• Work effectively and efficiently with external partners to achieve scale production
• Report clearly and concisely project and product performance to all levels of the business
To be successful as a Product Development Lead you will need to have experience with the following;
• Drive, manage & deliver bespoke projects
• Extensive experience in NPD
• Leading projects and delivering bespoke projects
• High level project management capabilities
• Good understanding of semiconductor technology
• Experience of technology transfer processes
• Deep understanding of how to carry proof of concept technologies through to prototype level
• Very flexible approach to project delivery
• A capability to grasp new scientific concepts and technologies quickly
• Managing Engineers within an R&D environment
This role will form a part of the Senior Manager team you will need to be confident and be able to deliver innovative products with the help of a small team.
Candidate should be degree qualified preferably in Physics, chemistry, materials science or an engineering discipline or have suitable experience. Again, have extensive experience with NPD. Knowledge of semiconductors processing lines would be an advantage however candidates will be considered should you work within medical, Electronics, Materials Science.
Should you want to be involved in an exciting journey where you can make a difference and have a passion for technology we want to hear from you.