Application Engineering Specialist – electronics
Just outside of Cambridge
This role will form part of a NPD team developing prototype semiconductor devices and technologies from the base material state. Would you like to work for a company who is expanding, passionate about NPD and making a difference to peoples life’s and be a part of ground-breaking technology solutions.
As an Applications Engineer you will work closely with a team of experienced scientists to develop novel, innovative and ground-breaking technologies and carry them through NPD.
You will be responsible for the following;
• Design, from first principles, semiconductor and electronic materials technologies
• Deliver the devices defined by the company technology roadmap
• Work closely with the science team to carry their innovations through to tangible, valuable real-world devices
• Innovate new, novel technologies and approaches
• Grow the understanding of the science and engineering team in electronics technologies
• Develop, with the engineering manager, strong processes to rapidly achieve technology products
• Manage projects and work packages effectively and efficiently through to delivery
• Work with external partners to transfer knowledge and know how to external manufacturing facilities
• Report clearly and concisely project performance to all levels of the business
To be successful in this role you will be required to have the following attributes;
• Excellent understanding of semiconductor materials & technologies
• Capability to design and develop semiconductor devices from the base material up
• Experience of carrying proof of concept technologies through to prototype level
• Very flexible approach to project delivery
• A capability to grasp new scientific concepts and technologies quickly
• An exceptional team player with strong interpersonal skills
Successful candidates will be required to hold a degree preferably in physics, material science, electronics, engineering or have the relevant experience. CAD capabilities would be advantage and ideally have working experience within the semiconductor industry along with NPI.
Should you be passionate about ground breaking technology and would like to be part of a company who has excellent growth plans and opportunities we want to hear from you.