Manufacturing Engineer - Commutable from Cambridge
The ONE Group have a fantastic opporutnity join a a World Leader in Biotechnology as a Manufacturing Engineer on a permanent basis. Te role involves working with design and development teams on integrating and transferring complex systems into manufacture.
Our client manufactures complex biotechnology systems primarily for research purposes. There state of the art manufacturing facility is located on the border of Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire, and houses around 200 employees. This business can offer an excellent clean working environment, huge opportunity for progression and internal role-changes.
We would like to see applicants that have excellent experience with New Product Introduction (NPI) processes & can effectively transfer a concept or development project into full term manufacture. This is a cell-based manufacturing site, thus applicants that have worked in this area would be beneficial.
• Work with the design team to give Design for Manufacture views (DfM)
• Develop a robust and stable supply chain with procurement teams
• Create and implement manufacturing processes that cover all processes from supply chain through to commission and packaging
• Provide solutions to manufacturing issues, performing RCA and Jigs/fixtures/process or design change
• Create, record and maintain manufacturing documentation
This person will need a great degree of NPI experience, with excellent manufacturing and process development skills. This person will need to be experienced with the design of jigs & fixtures for manufacture, along with an excellent understanding of Design for Manufacture (DfM)
• Ideally degree level qualified in a technical engineering related discipline
• An understanding/appreciation of LEAN manufacturing techniques
• Obsessed by quality
With offices in Cambridge, Northampton and Peterborough – The ONE Group’s recruitment specialists offer unparalleled recruitment expertise across seven specialist divisions; Accountancy & Finance, Executive Search, HR, IT, Marketing, Office Support and Technical.
Whether you are looking to advertise a job, or take the next step in your career, we offer an ever-growing employment network, which currently exceeds 50,000 people in the East of England and The Midlands.
We pride ourselves in adding value to any recruitment experience, with the foundation of our success coming from customer service, expert knowledge of the local marketplace and our understanding of the significant value people can add to the workplace.
This isn’t just recruitment, it’s: Recruitment as it should be.
For more information, call us or visit our website at www.theonegroup.co.uk