Head of Research
Competitive plus benefits
12 month Fixed Term Contract
Our client, a leading research charity who focus on the prevention and treatment of neurological conditions require a Head of Research to join them on a 12 month fixed term contract. To be successful in this role you will ideally have expert knowledge in neuroscience research and excellent understanding of research grant funding.
Description of role
• Oversee operations of response-mode grant funding activities, with particular emphasis on the funding mechanisms reviewed by the Grant Review Board
• Oversee operations of co-funding activities through external partnerships and collaborations
• Lead on the development of any response-mode and partnership schemes
• Represent externally on co-funding partnerships
• Support the Director of Research in landscape mapping and the development of research strategy
• Co-lead operational and financial planning for the Research team with the Head of Strategic Initiatives
• Lead the research grant and knowledge teams on all operational processes, with support from the Director of Research
• Line-manage and oversee a team consisting of a Research Knowledge Manager, a Research Knowledge Officer, two Research Grants Officers and a Research Team Executive
With offices in Cambridge, Northampton and Peterborough – The ONE Group’s recruitment specialists offer unparalleled recruitment expertise across seven specialist divisions; Accountancy & Finance, Executive Search, HR, IT, Marketing, Office Support and Technical.
Whether you are looking to advertise a job, or take the next step in your career, we offer an ever-growing employment network, which currently exceeds 50,000 people in the East of England and The Midlands.
We pride ourselves in adding value to any recruitment experience, with the foundation of our success coming from customer service, expert knowledge of the local marketplace and our understanding of the significant value people can add to the workplace.
This isn't just recruitment, it’s Recruitment as it should be.