The ONE Group have an exciting opportunity for a Motivated and driven Production Manager, to join a leading automated capital equipment manufacturer in Hertfordshire on a permanent basis. The business are currently leading in the field of automation detection based equipment used within a range of manufacturing & process industries. Knowledge or experience within a capital equipment manufacturing business would be heavily advantageous, however not completely essential.
This role would suit someone who... Has experience running production in a product or machinery focused industry & has had exposure to establishing and setting up new production facilities and engineering production lines to manufacture a product.
This role is a senior role & will involve overseeing the running of the entire production function. This person is going to be responsible for all Assembly, Sub-Assembly & Production staff, monitoring and managing as appropriate.
• Monitor all procedural duties regarding Technical, HR & H&S related policies
• Review and optimize all planned production work to maximum efficiency
• Plan and ensure resources, to meet set product and quality targets ensuring no shortfalls
• Drive & promote continuous improvement, analyse and review to improve
• Motivate and encourage staff to achieve goals
• Manage apprentice training plan and identify skills gaps
• Communicate company information to departments
• Various other duties associated with running a busy production engineering department
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for someone who is very driven & has an entrepreneurial flair. This person will strive for best practise and efficiency and take pride in leading world-class production of innovative equipment.
• LEAN/5S understanding & implementation experience would be heavily beneficial and aid success in this position
• Someone that has great man-management and people development skills
• Someone with a passion for production management
This company do make automated electro-mechanical equipment, thus experience in this field would be preference, and however the client are completely open to any industry background. . Knowledge or experience within a capital equipment manufacturing business would be heavily advantageous, however not completely essential.