Software (Java) Engineer – Cambridge
I am proud to be recruiting for a leading Telecommunications company based in South Cambridge. The right candidate will be joining a friendly but fast paced and responsive environment with a very strong track record of delivery.
The role will include development of back-end application software in Java (using Spring Boot Framework), Design and Implementation of RESTful API servers and consumers to integrate platforms with other data providers/consumers, Design of SQL and other databases, Functional and unit test of software developed by you and others.
The right candidate will have the following:
• 2.1 degree in a numerate / computer science related subject (or equivalent experience)
• Server-side software development in a commercial context using Java
• 3+ years commercial software development using Java and frameworks such as Spring
• Experience with modern application architecture and development practices
• Experience of database development, including Procedural SQL
• Experience of REST API development and testing
• Ability and desire to learn new technologies quickly to react to changing demands
Desirable skill set –
• Knowledge of PHP
• Microservice architecture experience
• Experience of developing for a DevOps environment (Docker/Kubernetes/Ansible)
• Messaging queue experience (Kafka, ZeroMQ, RabbitMQ)
• Current experience with JUnit or similar unit testing framework
• Software testing expertise: unit, functional, regression, acceptance
• Experience of debugging and maintaining code written by others
• Mobile application development on the Android platform
• Working in an Agile/SCRUM environment
If you are interested in this role or you would like to learn a little more please get in contact me on 01733 234 000 or email@example.com .
With offices in Cambridge, Northampton and Peterborough – The ONE Group’s recruitment specialists offer unparalleled recruitment expertise across seven specialist divisions; Accountancy & Finance, Executive Search, HR, IT, Marketing, Office Support and Technical.
Whether you are looking to advertise a job, or take the next step in your career, we offer an ever-growing employment network, which currently exceeds 50,000 people in the East of England and The Midlands.
We pride ourselves in adding value to any recruitment experience, with the foundation of our success coming from customer service, expert knowledge of the local marketplace and our understanding of the significant value people can add to the workplace.
This isn’t just recruitment, it’s: Recruitment as it should be.