Role: Technical Support Engineer
Location: Close to Peterborough, Huntingdon, St Ives
Salary: £25,000 - £30000
Looking for someone to start asap.
As a Technical Support Technician, you will be responsible for providing technical support to customers and supporting the engineering team as and where required.
The role will involve the following;
• Support of customer products through proactive and customer friendly technical assistance.
• To provide telephone and on-line pre and post sales technical support to customers, installers and service technicians requiring guidance and assistance on customer products.
• To assist internal staff with pre and post sales technical support.
• Telephone and email assistance with fault finding on customer products installed in the field.
• Parts identification and selection for spare part enquiries.
• Technical enquiries related to design, performance, approval, production, and operation of customer products.
• Prepare and maintain technical documentation, help sheets, reports and records on computer database.
• Input call information and update customer records as necessary on CRM system.
• Any other duties as reasonably required to assist with company technical operations.
To be successful as a technical Support Technician you will need to have experience working within an engineering environment. The ideal candidate would suit a Field Service Engineer who doesn’t want to travel anymore. Looking for excellent communication skills written and verbal and be confident on the telephone. Previous technical support experience would be an advantage. Will need to be highly organised and able to manage own workload. Competent IT skills.