Our client, a top 40 UK Chartered Accountancy firm, have an immediate need for an Accounts Senior to join their team. The successful applicant will be ACA/ACCA qualified with 1-3 years post qualification practice experience.
You must be able to prepare accounts independently to final stage, demonstrate effective client interpersonal skills and have a good working knowledge of accounting standards, the accounting provisions of the Companies Act and relevant taxation matters.
Key responsibilities will include:
* the preparation and/or audit of client accounts up to final stage dependent on the complexity of the business, for approval by Manager/Partner.
* the provision of a range of other services to clients as required, general bookkeeping, VAT returns, assistance with accounting software, tax computations.
* to adhere to the procedures which provide a clear framework for all members of the department to ensure effective scheduling, allocation and completion of work.
* to constantly review the work undertaken and refer to a Manager/Partner any compliance issues or opportunities for cross selling or other services within the group.
* to develop and maintain a good working relationship with clients to gain their respect, and to know own limitations in advising the client on accounting matters.
* to assist with on the job training of technicians and trainees, monitor progress and provide appropriate feedback in accordance with department procedures.
Please contact Kathleen Bailey for more information on 01733 234000 or email@example.com
With offices in Peterborough, Cambridge, and Northampton – The ONE Group’s recruitment specialists offer unparalleled recruitment expertise across seven specialist divisions; Accountancy & Finance, Executive Search, HR, IT, Marketing, Office Support and Technical.
Whether you are looking to advertise a job, or take the next step in your career, we offer an ever-growing employment network, which currently exceeds 50,000 people in the East of England and The Midlands.
We pride ourselves in adding value to any recruitment experience, with the foundation of our success coming from customer service, expert knowledge of the local marketplace and our understanding of the significant value people can add to the workplace.
For more information, call us or visit our website at www.theonegroup.co.uk