Would you like to be a involved on a journey to support the smooth delivery of a NPD Project and work for a company who invests heavily in training, offers support, opportunities and stability. Quite often we are seeing companies moving out of the UK for cost implications, with our client they invest a lot of revenue in R&D which is here in the UK.
As a project Manager you will be responsible for the smooth delivery of a project being completed from concept to installation or it could be a product in the field again ensuring delivery and closure of the projects. Duties will include; initiation, planning, delivery and closure of new product development projects – on time; to specification; to product cost; within planned budget.
The role of a Project Manager will be commutable from Peterborough, Huntingdon, Cambridge, Kettering
• Lead cross-functional project teams
• Develop and maintain an integrated schedule, product specification, product cost model, risk assessment, resource plan and budget
• Lead the execution of the project including tradeoff decisions; identification of risks and issues; problem solving; negotiate and ensure availability of resources.
• Ensure project compliance with international standards and regulatory requirements
• Capture the requirements and manage the expectation of key stakeholders
• Conduct phase toll gate and monthly management reviews
• Use Lean tools and concepts to continually improve time to market
• Maintain and improve New Product Development process documentation
The role would suit a candidate who has come from a Product design/new product development Engineering background who is either carrying out a Project Manager role or looking for that next step.
In return you will be offered a support, a strong network, a mixture of competent Engineers of all levels. You will also be exposed across 2 businesses within the group.
Successful candidates should hold a degree qualification within an engineering discipline (Electronics/Electrical/Electronics/Physics/science) or equivalent. Ideally have 5+ years’ experience working with New Product Development and seeing a product go through the full life cycle.
For approx. 12-18 months you will be expected to travel between 2 sites, candidates will need to be flexible.
Should you wish to work for a fast paced driven company who has a high retention rate and you want to be involved in new product development then please click “apply”.