Continuous Improvement Lead – Perm – Automotive
Do you have a working knowledge of LEAN tools? Have you got experience with leading operational teams? Do you come from an engineering or manufacturing background?
In this role you’ll be working very closely with operational leaders to drive continuous improvement across each business unit. You will oversee the improvement of the business, engineering and manufacturing processes.
The day to day duties for the continuous improvement lead position to include:
• Work closely with managers to lead continuous activities within their units
• Analyse current work practices to identify areas for improvement
• Improve business, engineering and manufacturing processes
• Manage reviews and reports
• Carry out training in lean six sigma principles, tools and techniques
• Process and value stream mapping to identify inefficiencies in productivity
• Promote lean tools and techniques across the business
Our client is a market leading firm in test engineering and automotive engineering. They boast a vast site with a variety of test beds and environments to offer independent technical advice and results to the Automotive, Transport, Tyre, Defence Industries.
For the continuous improvement lead position we are looking for:-
• At least 5 years experience with leading operational teams
• Engineering degree or equivalent
• Ideally six sigma black belt
• Working knowledge of LEAN tools and methodology is a must
• Knowledge of ISO9000 and TS16949
• Strong coaching skills
• Understanding of engineering and manufacturing processes
*Please do not apply for this role if you do not meet the above criteria, as only candidates who meet the above criteria will be contacted further.
If you think you would be qualified for the role above and would like to find out more about the role and the organisation, please click to apply now.