My client is providing 6 per cent of the UK’s average energy demand through three operational sites. Impressive, right?
If that wasn't enough to spark your interest in this opportunity. The client we are exclusively representing are also a leading independent power producer within the UK. That is growing!
The role is based primarily at a site near Kings Lynn, Norfolk however travel to other locations in the UK, such as the head office in South Wales will be required from time to time.
This is a role requiring a candidate who is enthusiastic about providing good service, excellent communication skills and looking to gain experience within the IT industry. The role is to be part of a team to provide user support and customer service on company-supported computer applications and platforms; to troubleshoot problems and advise on the appropriate action. You will be provided with on the job training and exposure to a variety of hardware and software. This is a role where you will be able to make it your own and develop your skills as required.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
• Provide 1st / 2nd line technical support; respond to requests for technical assistance in person, via phone and electronically.
• Diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software issues ensuring all resolutions are documented.
• Maintenance and support of computer hardware, software, peripherals, networks, email systems, virtual, security, storage, cloud and other systems as required.
• Installation and supporting computer hardware, software, peripherals, networks, email systems, virtual, security, storage, cloud and other systems as required.
Education and Experience
• Good knowledge of current IT systems including Windows desktop operating systems and applications.
• Knowledge of Windows Deployment Services with experience of deploying and maintaining images.
• Basic knowledge of networks (LAN & WAN), TCP/IP, telephony, servers, storage, backup systems, cloud services and security.
• Basic Knowledge of Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, Server 2008/2012, Windows 7/8, MS Exchange 2010/2013.
• Experience of standard software applications such as Microsoft Office, Adobe, WinZip.
• Experience of working in a helpdesk/support team.
• You will be expected to work alone for the majority of the time and therefore you will need to show a high level of initiative, be able to work independently and maintain excellent communication.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Accuracy and attention to detail.
• Able to adapt and learn quickly to new situations and requirements.
• You will be part of a small team providing support in and out of hours support for business critical applications; therefore, being reliable is crucial.
• Methodical with the ability to organise, plan and prioritise work.
With offices in Cambridge, Northampton and Peterborough – The ONE Group’s recruitment specialists offer unparalleled recruitment expertise across seven specialist divisions; Accountancy & Finance, Executive Search, HR, IT, Marketing, Office Support and Technical.
Whether you are looking to advertise a job, or take the next step in your career, we offer an ever-growing employment network, which currently exceeds 50,000 people in the East of England and The Midlands.
We pride ourselves in adding value to any recruitment experience, with the foundation of our success coming from customer service, expert knowledge of the local marketplace and our understanding of the significant value people can add to the workplace.
This isn’t just recruitment, it’s: Recruitment as it should be.
For more information, call us or visit our website at www.theonegroup.co.uk