A research-focused biotechnology company in South Cambridge are currently are looking for an enthusiastic and highly motivated Assistant Accountant to work within the Finance team. This is an excellent opportunity to participate in an exciting and fast paced environment.
The successful candidate will work within a project team environment and will have the following responsibilities:
• Assist in the Preparation of information for External and Internal auditors on annual and quarterly basis
• Assist in the construction of the Company Statutory Accounts
• Calculate Project Accruals & Accrued Income
• Prepare and enter monthly journals, including Payroll, Cycle Scheme, Inter Company transactions, Share Options, Grant income as examples
• Calculate and post Accruals / Prepayments
• Debtors/Creditors Revaluation
• Work with Financial Assistant to resolve supplier (creditor) queries
• Assist in the maintenance of control documentation
• Prepare Office National Statistics returns
• Calculate FTE and recharges for month end and invoicing purposes
• Assist in the production of Balance Sheet Reconciliations
• Take charge of Asset Register and Prepayment schedule
• Conduct regular impairment reviews of assets
With offices in Cambridge, Northampton and Peterborough – The ONE Group’s recruitment specialists offer unparalleled recruitment expertise across seven specialist divisions; Accountancy & Finance, Executive Search, HR, IT, Marketing, Office Support and Technical.
Whether you are looking to advertise a job, or take the next step in your career, we offer an ever-growing employment network, which currently exceeds 50,000 people in the East of England and The Midlands.