A leading Scientific and Research organisation has an exciting new opportunity for a Desktop User Support Specialist to join their expanding team.
The ideal candidate will have experience of providing 2nd and 3rd line technical and operational support, primarily to a Senior Windows Administrator but also on occasions to others in the operations team and a helpdesk service
The role will require the below;
• Provide 2nd and 3rd line support for service related faults and issues to end users service.
• Carry out standard day to day operational procedures for the service
• Domain User account management and Exchange mailbox management
• Respond to requests for internal windows-based DNS changes
• Assist in the Installation, administration and upgrades of Windows environments (Server 2008, 2012, 2016). Patching, account creation, backups, etc.
• Monitor systems, services and logs for health and problems; fix or escalate as necessary.
• Carry out routine monitoring of all windows service systems and their backups
• Regularly check backups for errors. Test restore backups on a regular basis to verify integrity
• Analyse system performance, modifying parameters to improve throughput and effectively utilize system resources
• 25 days holiday
• Parking Facilities
• Pension Scheme
• Sports and Social Club