A specialist in the bioscience sector in South Cambridge are currently are looking for an enthusiastic and highly motivated Assistant Accountant to work within the Finance team.
• Ensure all direct cost purchase invoices are coded correctly
• Post & allocate PL invoices against relevant jobs/purchase orders, raising discrepancies with the Operations Team for investigation
• Ensure the number of direct costs invoices without Purchase Orders are minimized and bought to the attention of the UK operations manager
• Process any approved Supplier invoices without a PO, via Sage Accounts Payable
• Assist with the preparation of payment runs. Check the payment run for accuracy and send the remittances to the suppliers
• Supplier statement reconciliations
• Generate the monthly direct cost accrual (PPV) in line with the month end timetable
• Revalue and reconcile bank accounts to statements on a monthly basis
• Calculate and process the intercompany job charges and direct cost recharges
• Calculate intercompany loan interest and revalue loan balances on a monthly basis
• Prepare various journals for upload at month end
• Revalue the debtors and creditors at the end of the month and close the ledgers
• Assist with payroll production in the UK and provide cover for the US
• Liaising with the landlord for any building related issues
• Responsible for ordering of stationary and kitchen consumables
• Co-ordinate the office maintenance schedule with the landlord
• Co-ordinate box archiving, tracking and retrievals as required
With offices in Cambridge, Northampton and Peterborough – The ONE Group’s recruitment specialists offer unparalleled recruitment expertise across seven specialist divisions; Accountancy & Finance, Executive Search, HR, IT, Marketing, Office Support and Technical.
Whether you are looking to advertise a job, or take the next step in your career, we offer an ever-growing employment network, which currently exceeds 50,000 people in the East of England and The Midlands.