Job title: Open Source Software Engineers!
Salary: £40,000 - £70,000 DoE
Type: Permanent /Contract
Open source enthusiast? Work from anywhere in the world?
I’m working with a global consultancy, specializing in delivering the benefits of Open Source software to the commercial world. They enable their clients to develop the best solutions, whether writing a line of code, or shaping a longer-term strategic software development plan. By harnessing the potential of community-driven Open Source projects, and re-using existing components, they help their clients reduce time to market and focus on creating product differentiation.
You’d be working alongside a team of engineers and developers – nearly 100 strong – who are among the most motivated and active Open Source contributors and maintainers around the world. They have a passion for technology and Open Source, a key part of their core values. When not working on client projects, engineers volunteer their time in their respective expertise domains and participate in the strategic planning of the Open Source projects they invest themselves into!
• Analyzing client problems and designing solutions leveraging open source technologies and your technical expertise
• Defining and scoping client projects in collaboration with the delivery team
• Discussing technologies with clients and represent the company at conferences and trade-shows to demonstrate and promote their leadership in the open source arena
• Contributing publicly to open source projects to ensure their continuing technical leadership
• Gain working knowledge of customers’ products, applications, technical and business strengths and target markets
• Understanding client needs and reconciling time constraints, available technologies and resources, and open source best practices
• Linux Graphics Developer
• Open Source Software Developer
• Multimedia Software Developer
• Linux Systems Integration Developer
• Debian Systems Integration Developer
• Linux Kernel Developer
If you are currently considering opportunities or would like to know what is going on in your market around you, simply hit the apply button and your CV will come through to me and I’ll arrange a call to discuss options available. Alternatively, you can reach me on 01733 234000 and asking for Sam Payne OR email@example.com.
With offices in Cambridge, Northampton and Peterborough – The ONE Group’s recruitment specialists offer unparalleled recruitment expertise across seven specialist divisions; Accountancy & Finance, Executive Search, HR, IT, Marketing, Office Support and Technical.
Whether you are looking to advertise a job, or take the next step in your career, we offer an ever-growing employment network, which currently exceeds 50,000 people in the East of England and The Midlands.
We pride ourselves in adding value to any recruitment experience, with the foundation of our success coming from customer service, expert knowledge of the local marketplace and our understanding of the significant value people can add to the workplace.
This isn’t just recruitment, it’s: Recruitment as it should be.
For more information, call us or visit our website at www.theonegroup.co.uk
Key Words: FOSS , FLOSS , OPEN SOURCE