Network Security Consultant – Cisco, Checkpoint
Wonderful opportunity for a customer centric Network Security Consultant to join a highly regarded Technology business, with a host of unique perks and benefits. The business is highly proud of their family esque culture and offer a positive, mature atmosphere in which colleagues are genuinely rooting for each other’s successes. Top environment for technical development and progression. Sponsored training will be delivered both inhouse and at vendor bootcamps.
What You'll Do
• Design, implement and support internal systems based on Network and Security platforms.
• Design, implement and support the Disaster Recovery process for the internal network-based systems.
• Provide assistance to internal sales staff in pre and post sales activities as it relates to the provision of Network & Security based services.
• To provide assistance and support to customers as part of the services covered by Network and Security service contracts.
• Provide support, guidance and assistance to internal and external personnel in the use of Network and Security technology and connectivity solutions.
• Ongoing support to Client Services in delivering contracted services.
• Maintain currency with design & best practice enhancements and emerging technologies.
• Designing and implementing solutions based on Network & Security platforms.
• Supporting Client Services in pre-sales customer facing activities, providing high quality technical design and proposal documentation.
• Work closely with other team members to implement projects.
• Resolving support calls and attending customer sites as appropriate.
• Provide 3rd level support to all contracted services customers.
• To undertake training as discussed and agreed in order to ensure up to date knowledge for Cisco and Checkpoint Support is maintained.
• Provision of automated routines to assist with the requirements of contracted services remote and hosted support contracts as requested by the Technical and Function Leads or Client Services.
What You'll Have
• At least 6+ year’s experience, able to demonstrate taking ownership and designing solutions to meet the customer’s needs
• Minimum qualifications such as Cisco CCNP certified in ether Routing and Switching and/or Data Centre
• Check Point certified to CCSE (CCSA will be considered)
• Routing technologies (BGP, OSPF) including VRF
• Switching technologies (VPC, Spanning Tree, Cisco Nexus 7K, 5K and 2K. Catalyst 6500 & 4500 series Switches)
• Load balancing technologies
• Proven track record of supporting WAN/LAN based network services
• Experience of network security & firewalls (CISCO & Checkpoint products)
• Extensive knowledge & use of Microsoft applications (inc. VISIO)
• Experience of using network management & diagnostic tools
• Thorough knowledge of TCP/IP protocols and be able to troubleshoot connectivity issues using Wireshark/Tcpdump.
• Ability to produce technical documents & procedures
• Experience in responding to RFP, RFQ or other Bid documentation
Cisco Routing and Switching, Checkpoint, R 77, R 80, CCSA, CCDP, CCSE, NAT, IPS, IDS Routers, Switches, Firewalls
With offices in Cambridge, Northampton and Peterborough – The ONE Group’s recruitment specialists offer unparalleled recruitment expertise across seven specialist divisions; Accountancy & Finance, Executive Search, HR, IT, Marketing, Office Support and Technical.
Whether you are looking to advertise a job, or take the next step in your career, we offer an ever-growing employment network, which currently exceeds 50,000 people in the East of England and The Midlands.
We pride ourselves in adding value to any recruitment experience, with the foundation of our success coming from customer service, expert knowledge of the local marketplace and our understanding of the significant value people can add to the workplace.
This isn’t just recruitment, it’s: Recruitment as it should be.
For more information, call us or visit our website at www.theonegroup.co.uk.