Digital Product Designer / UX Designer
Product development is critical to this company, they utilise research and testing to ensure their products are at the forefront of innovation. The Product team are driven by discovery and understanding user needs; identifying opportunities, exploring and testing new product ideas and crafting Ingeniously simple solutions.
In this role you will be embedded in cross-functional, customer-centric product teams. You will work closely with Product Managers and IT to build empathy and understanding for users and facilitate the teams’ research and design activities. Designing simple, intuitive products and experiences will be key in supporting a pipeline of innovative concepts to further develop their technology.
In this role you will:
• Build a shared understanding of users, their motivations, goals and needs.
• Work closely with peers in Product Management and IT teams to ensure there is a strong design perspective factoring into product decisions.
• Explore potential solutions (to a given problem) in collaboration with the wider product team; seeking fast and frequent user feedback through the creation of prototypes.
• Use a combination of qualitative and quantitative research methods to better understand user behaviour, make informed product decisions and regularly measure the impact of work.
• Support the more immediate design needs of the product teams; crafting workflows, interfaces and interactions to address the new and evolving needs users.
• Refine and improve the usability of existing products through frequent rounds of user testing, measurement, data analysis and product iteration.
The ideal candidate is someone who can connect product strategy to product execution, enjoys solving tough user-software problems and can drive a creative, customer-centric approach to create compelling, engaging products that customers appreciate.
• Experience of working in a similar Product Design (digital space) or similar User Experience (UX) role.
• A strong passion for users and their needs; with the ability to champion product quality and the need for cohesive experiences.
• A good understanding of optimising research and design efforts around frequent learning and rapid experimentation.
• The ability to connect business goals to product decisions (commercial awareness); balancing business and user needs.
• A genuine passion for new technology, with the ability to work across a range of platforms.