Electronics Engineering challenge? Stop here.
We are working with a leading innovator creating unique technology relating to the sensor industry. If you are interested in joining a technology platform with a purpose to solve complicated problems by working with a great team with true collaborative spirit then this maybe something for you.
Senior Electronics Engineer - The role based within the engineering group of the business to design and optimise thermal control systems using embedded hardware and software.
As part of this team you will be looking after and contributing to the following areas:-
Design, build, test of analogue and power circuits, schematic capture and PCB layout using an industry standard package (Altium)
• Design of switched-mode and linear power supplies, power management and protection circuits with highest industrial standards.
• Complement the design and execution of experiments for characterisation/calibration and design optimizations.
• Documentation of designs, testing procedures and outcomes.
• Assembly and debugging of electronic circuits and modules
• Liaise with subcontractors to manage specifications and delivery schedules
The Right Candidate:-
We are looking for candidates with a really strong understanding and interest in development via FGPA code, the role is due to expansion due to some major contract success and in this instance we require candidates who are confident in all below areas.
Required experience and knowledge.
• Experience in using PCB CAD software (preferably Altium) to assist in performing schematic and PCB design reviews
• Interfacing analog and digital electronics
• A good understanding of digital design principles e.g. experience developing FPGA code
• Background in the area of timing and frequency control beneficial
• Solid understanding of design of analogue and power electronics over extended temperature ranges for industrial systems.
• Background in low noise and precision analogue front ends including transimpedance amplifiers, low-noise oscillators, phase shifters, gain control circuits, PLLs, timing and frequency control are beneficial.
• Modelling using Spice, MATLAB.
In return, on offer is great working environment with interesting challenges and technology. There are collective goals rewarded with a generous bonus scheme available to all staff.
Flexible working, on-site gym and cafe facilities.
If this sounds like you and you'd like to know more please apply.