Are you an experienced Supplier Quality Engineer? Do you come from a strong manufacturing background? We are currently seeking a Supplier Quality Engineer to support a world-renowned manufacturing business who sell their products throughout the world.
This is a key role within the Quality function, you will be predominantly active at the beginning of the manufacturing processes. You will be tasked with finding new suppliers including carrying out audits and supplier approval. The supplier base will be based predominantly within the UK so may require up to 75% travel with limited international travel as well.
The day to day duties for the Supplier Quality Engineer position will include:
• Be the quality point of contact for designated supplier base
• During quality audits on supplier sites; outline expectations, develop any corrective actions to ensure compliance quality standard requirements
• Attend technical reviews during the development of new raw materials to advise on and highlight potential critical issues
Although the client is a well-established global business the manager is keen for someone to challenge their approach to SQA and encourages innovative ways of thinking.
For the Supplier Quality Engineer position we are looking for experience of:-
• Proven experience within Quality Assurance along with significant experience in an Automotive, Aerospace or manufacturing environment
• Experience of working within a multinational or matrix organisation is desirable
• In-depth knowledge and understanding of ISO9001 and IATF16949
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to establish strong working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders from diverse cultures
• Knowledge of working to APQP and PPAP processes
• A good knowledge of materials with a credible approach as a technical expert
The organisation offers a strong benefits scheme and a basic salary of up to £45k. The role also comes with progression opportunities and excellent training is on offer.
If you think you would be qualified for the role above and would like to find out more about the role and the organisation, please click to apply now.
*Please do not apply for this role if you do not meet the above criteria, as only candidates who meet the above criteria will be contacted further.