Being a Controls Engineer we know your skills are always in demand, this role is something I think offering a little more than many similar positions I've come across and with a company that seems unaffected by recent covid related problems due to their core markets being extremely buoyant.
Should you want to be involved in using your controls engineering skills in a variety of phases of product development, commission and integration I may have something brilliant for you.
The company are leaders in the development of process machinery used for power generation from waste materials. Creating clean energy solutions which are ever in demand for corporate and social responsibilities. Having their own power plant and being key to supplying to the grid themselves they have taken huge pride and investment into creating innovative solutions over the years and with this success we are looking to add to the team.
The Role – Controls Engineer
You will be part of a small team of cross functional engineering specialists within the Process and Controls Engineering department. The team’s overall purpose will be to look at new concepts, introducing new technology to the company, implementing new developments, overseeing new projects and assisting the manufacturing department in Project delivery.
You'll play a key role and will be accountable for developing Functional Design Specifications, developing PLC / HMI software developments and designing controls systems across a broad range of projects.
Key responsibilities will include the following:
- Provide Control Engineering Expertise to guide projects & deliver effective systems
- Upgrade and improve on existing systems
- Write / re-write Software application
- Allen Bradley - Ladder Programming
- SCADA - Wonderware
- Project Team Involvement - You'll be working within skilled teams to deliver the next great product/solutions.
So hopefully you see my opening statement this really offers alot in comparison to similar titled roles.
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE:-
We are looking for Controls Engineer who can see and be part of the bigger picture when it comes down to producing products and solutions alongside a wider team.
You're core skills will be PLC, SCADA lead bit with a full appreciation of other engineering skill sets - Mechanical, Electrical etc so you can input and develop the Control systems that will be most effective. I'd suggest that you will enjoy all elements of engineering and the idea of problem solving & producing excellent final and working solutions will be gratifying for you.
Good people skills and the ability to work with both internal and external customers and partners is also essential, being able to listen and advise in an effective style is paramount to success.
- Controls Engineering Experience - Being able to alter, create ladder diagrams
- PLC Knowledge and experience - preference Allen Bradley
- SCADA Knowledge and Experience - Wonderware is preferred
- Interest and ability to engage in projects
- Appreciation of Product/System development encompassing all engineering disciplines
- Familiar with contractor logic, safety relays and inverter drives.
The role is position within a power generation plant so plenty of challenges and environmental aspects to consider.
If this sounds like you please get intouch and we can run through further details.