Do you have experience in resolving electrical and software issues? Are you coming from a strong electrical background? Do you have programming experience, ideally in C and visual basic? This role will be working within engine test facilities, someone from this background would be ideal but my client is happy to consider candidates from outside of this sector aslong as they come with the relevant technical experience.
Our client is a market leading firm within the Motorsport industry seeking a Controls Engineer on a permanent basis offering a competitive salary plus benefits based in Northamptonshire.
The role will entail supporting the technical delivery of major installations, commissioning and upgrades within the growing engine test facility. This is an exciting position for someone to join a growing team, my client can offer any required training for the right professional.
Responsibilities could include:
• Providing support to the on site engineering teams to ensure the facilities are able to perform the required tests to meet the customers needs
• Carry out corrective and preventive maintenance within the engine test facilities
• Support of control hardware and software for testbeds and test rigs.
• Identify failures and suggest modifications to testing equipment
• Selection, installation, calibration and operation of pressure, temperature, torque, flow, humidity transducers.
• Programming experience, predominantly in C and Visual BASIC
• Ideally you will have experience of working within engine test facilities
• Instrumentation experience
• PLC – Design and programming
• Experience with the UNIX operating system
• Knowledge of the workings of control systems
• An understanding of the workings of an internal combustion engine would be desirable
Qualifications and experience should include HNC or HND Electrical or equivalent, experience in a test environment is highly desirable.
Salary is ranged from £30k to £50k per annum plus benefits which include pension and private healthcare. This would be a Monday to Friday position working straight days so no shift pattern in this role.
*Please do not apply for this role if you do not meet the above criteria, as only candidates who meet the above criteria will be contacted further.
If you think you would be qualified for the role above and would like to find out more about the role and the organisation, please click to apply now.