Our client has seen strong year on year growth even in the wake of the recent pandemic, their product is highly sought after and the demand will continue to grow as the world continues to switch to more environmentally friendly ways.
The continued growth has now led to a brand-new role being created within the organisation as a Supply Chain Manager attracting a salary of £40,000 - £50,000. This position will partner closely with the Technical and Sales Directors whilst also requiring close contact with both suppliers and clients. Our client is willing to consider a higher salary for fluent mandarin speakers.
To be considered for this position it is imperative that you have previous experience of dealing with manufactures & suppliers in China, understand the trials and tribulations that can come with this and be confident in maintaining strong relationships with these contacts. This position does afford the opportunity to travel to China and you can expect to visit a couple of times a year.
• Finding, assessing and monitoring Suppliers
• Visiting suppliers, and their factories.
• Negotiating prices of products, packing and deliveries to UK
• Finding the most efficient import routes, and customs arrangements into UK and EU
• Long lead Planning and forecasting
• Managing and taking assistance from the Internal Purchasing Coordinate, and Sales Administrator
• Working with the R&D team, and Sales Team to knit future requirements and demands with supply
• Reporting KPI’s relating to suppliers’ performance, delivery targets, stock turns etc.
Key skills and experience required
• Experience in International buying, especially China
• Experience in contract manufacture
• Familiar with moving goods between UK and EU
• Familiar with ISO systems
• Versatile working style
• Member of recognised professional body eg. CIPS
For more information please call Jacquelyn or Lucy at The ONE Group on 01223 237888