Leaders and Managers in the electronic hardware market, Iâ€™ve got a unique role that requires true passion, commitment and talent.
An opportunity has come up for a Hardware Engineering Manager to join a fantastic manufacturing company who work in the high-end Motorsport and Automotive industriesâ€¦working on projects for F1 and British Touring Car to name a few!
There are obviously a few key skills we need, but if youâ€™re an enthusiastic and experienced Electronics Engineer, willing to learn new areas and passionate about developing new solutions for the automotive & motorsport sector then youâ€™re already halfway there! The role needs an Engineer who enjoys hands-on hardware development via several design iterations to come to a robust product solution. It also demands someone who can communicate well at all levels within the company and who can manage their own time as well as organise a team to come to a technical solution.
- Lead a team of multidisciplinary engineers and technicians on hardware development.
- Liaise with the management team on project deliverables.
- Develop ASIL and ISO 26262 good practices.
- Development of electronics hardware for automotive and motorsport products.
- Circuit design, analysis and documentation.
- Develop design verification and validation testing procedures.
- Appropriate documentation of the design to allow long term support of the product.
- Degree qualified with a bias towards electrical and electronic engineering (however, applicants without a degree who can demonstrate suitable experience will also be considered)
- Analogue or Digital electronics design experience, including concept and detailed design work.
- Knowledge and experience of programmable hardware design and verification of Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) based designs using a Hardware Description Language (HDL), specifically VHDL.
- Hybrid and electric vehicle experience for automotive.
- Good quality engineering process understanding and appreciation.
- Able to clearly formulate and communicate complex design concepts.
- Comfortable leading a team of engineers and technicians, able to work as a team and communicate effectively
- Analogue and Digital Electronics Experience:
o Microprocessors and high-speed digital design.
o Serial interfaces: I2C, SPI, UART
o Automotive interfaces: CAN, LIN, FLEXRAY
o Amplifiers, Filters
o Sensor signal conditioning.
o Micro-controller interfacing.
o Ethernet interfacing.
A leader in the development of data acquisition and video recording systems. Youâ€™ll be involved in developing their next generation video, Hybrid and data acquisition systems. This company is extremely well known in the industry and all their employees are so passionate about what they do. When you mention to your friends where you work, you will for sure get the WOW factor!
Click to apply or send your details to Holly Whetton at email@example.com and she will be in touch to tell you more.